The no. 23 of Scalfaro’s John Surtees wcth Edition will be auctioned during the special Henry Surtees Foundation event at Brooklands beginning of July 2014.
For more details see: www.henrysurteesfoundation.com
Text from the henrysurteesfoundation.com website:
Surtees Unveils Exceptional Auction and Line-Up for the 2014 HSF Brooklands Team Karting Challenge 1 July 2014
The HSF Brooklands Team Karting Challenge and G.H Mumm Post-Race Champagne Reception, to be held at Mercedes-Benz World on the historic Brooklands site, on 1 July 2014, will celebrate 50 years since John Surtees OBE, HSF Founder, won his F1 World Championship and his 80th birthday.
Now in its third year, this annual event raises much needed funds to support the work of HSF; saving lives, improving quality of life for people with injuries and inspire young people to fulfil their potential.
In the first 12 months of the new HSF-supported service, Kent, Surrey and Sussex Air Ambulance have performed 69 emergency blood transfusions.
It is FREE to attend and watch the on-track activity and tickets are still available, at £65 per person, to join John and special guests inside the superb, state-of-the-art venue, at the post-race Champagne Reception. You will be able to explore fascinating exhibitions, get up close to legendary Mercedes-Benz vehicles, and enjoy a Champagne and canapé reception. G.H. Mumm Champagne will, once again, be poured by generous arrangement with the House and Bernie Ecclestone.
Special guests include: BBC Strictly Come Dancing teacher Brendan Cole, star of chart-topping band Boyzone, Shane Lynch, Max Chilton (the latest and youngest British racing driver in F1, driving for Marussia), Sam Bird (2014 FIA World Endurance Championship driver, AF Corse Ferrari, 2013 GP2 Vice-Champion and reserve driver for the MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS F1 team) Alexander Sims (Henry Surtees’ team mate and BMW Factory GT driver), Darren Turner (2014 FIA World Endurance Championship driver, Aston Martin Racing), Lucas di Grassi (2014 FIA World Endurance Championship driver, Audi Sport), Rick Parfitt Jnr (2013 GT4 Champion, and son of musician Rick Parfitt Snr of Status Quo), 2014 British Touring Car Championship stars, Rob Austin, Marc Hynes and Tom Ingram, former motorcycling champion Steve Parrish and four-time American Le Mans Series Driver Champion, Oliver Gavin.
Steve Rider and Henry Hope-Frost will host the evening, interview the celebrity guests and track stars. Five-time Le Mans winner, Derek Bell, will award the prestigious ‘H’ trophies to the 2014 HSF Brooklands Team Karting Challenge champions.
A highlight of the event will undoubtedly be an auction of sensational lots donated to HSF, hosted by Bonhams.
- Red Bull Racing rear wing end plate signed by Christian Horner, Adrian Newey, Sebastian Vettel and Daniel Ricciardo, with Certificate of Authenticity – donated by Red Bull Racing.
- Scalfaro John Surtees watch edition number 23/300. Designed incorporating historic parts from his MV Agusta and Ferrari 158 which have been integrated into the watch case – donated by John Surtees.
- Original signed Kimi Raikkonen race suit which was at the driver’s disposal for the 2014 Australian Grand Prix with certificate of authenticity – donated by Ferrari SpA.
- Original signed Sebastian Vettel 2012 race suit with certificate of authenticity – donated by Sebastian Vettel.
- Kurt Geiger – one year’s supply of ladies or men’s shoes. Winner chooses a pair of shoes from website every month – donated by Kurt Geiger Limited.
- Afternoon tea for 4 people at The Savoy and private view of the Crown Jewels with the Queen’s personal jeweller Mr Harry Collins – donated by Mr Harry Collins.
- Factory tour of the Mercedes AMG F1 factory – donated by Mercedes AMG F1.
- 1964 German Grand Prix at Nurburgring Circuit – print depicting John Surtees exiting the Adenau Bridge leading the Brabham of Dan Gurney. Limited edition of 500 from an original painting by Nicholas Watts. Signed by John Surtees OBE, Dan Gurney, Sir Jack Brabham, Chris Amon, Phil Hill, Maurice Trinitgnant and Tony Maggs. Supplied with a certificate of authenticity – donated by John Surtees.
- Framed Biro pen drawing created for Kartforce size 2ft x 3ft – donated by Kartforce (50% of auction proceeds to Kartforce).
- Lola T70 1:18 scale model produced by GMP signed by John Surtees and Eric Broadley – donated by John Surtees.
- Limited edition (number 7 of 10) framed photograph showing Vodafone McLaren Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton’s first Grand Prix win in Canada, 10th June 2007. Signed by Lewis Hamilton on the image and Ron Dennis on the reverse of the frame – donated by Ron Dennis.
- Red Bull Racing. A team cap hand signed by 4 times World Champion Sebastian Vettel, presented in a Red Bull gift bag with earplugs and team lanyard – donated by Colin Butcher.
- Framed photograph showing John Surtees in the Ferrari 158 in practice for the 1964 British Grand Prix at Brands Hatch. He is seen in the dip exiting Paddock Hill bend. He finished 3rd in the race – donated by Nick Louden.
- Framed photograph showing John Surtees in the Ferrari 158 in practice for the 1965 International Trophy at Silverstone. He is seen at Becketts Corner – donated by Nick Louden.
- Framed photograph showing John Surtees in the Ferrari 158 in practice for the 1964 British Grand Prix at Brands Hatch. He is seen on the exit of Stirlings bend – donated by Nick Louden.
- Two VIP tickets to Wings & Wheels at Dunsfold on 23 and 24 August 2014. In addition to the 5 hour air show, which this year includes two Lancasters (from the BBMF and the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum), the RAF Red Arrows and the AVRO Vulcan bomber, Wings & Wheels boasts a 2 hour demonstration of supercars, classic and vintage icons on the runway, organized by Brooklands Museum. The VIP tickets will include: VIP parking area, exclusive indoor hospitality area with private viewing area for the motoring and air displays, traditional British picnic lunch and all day tea and coffee, a passenger ride down the runway in a car taking part in the motoring demonstration, a passenger ride in the Military Vehicle parade, exclusive access on board the Brooklands Museum VC10 aircraft. Donated by Brooklands Museum Trust.
- 2 x full Porsche hospitality tickets to a BTCC touring car event in 2014 of their choice – donated by Steven Liquorish.
- Sean Connery / James Bond. A black and white photocard of 007 next to the Aston Martin DB5 in Goldfinger, hand signed by Connery, mounted, framed and glazed with a reproduction tax disc from the famous Aston Martin “BMT 216A” and enamelled Aston Martin 007 badge – donated by Colin Butcher.
- Quantel Bifold Racing BTCC / Marc Hynes. The Sparco race gloves used by Marc Hynes at the first three rounds of the 2014 championship, hand signed with COA, plus signed promocard and signed team cap – donated by Colin Butcher.
- Pair of race boots used by Max Chilton from 4 racing in 2013 (including the British Grand Prix personally signed by Max – donated by Colin Butcher.
- A Corporate Karting Day at PF International Kart Circuit in Lincolnshire. The day – for up to 30 drivers – will comprise practice and qualifying sessions followed by two races – donated by the Barnicoat family.
- The use of a new BMW i3 electric car for 2 weeks together with a POLAR membership card providing free use of network electricty for unlimited mileage for the two weeks from over 3,000 charging points across the UK, courtesy of Chargemaster Plc.
The HSF Brooklands Team Karting Challenge benefits the Henry Surtees Foundation and the Brooklands Museum.
Tags: Alexander Sims, Bonhams, Brendan Cole, Brooklands, BTCC, Champagne, Chilton, Darren Turner, Derek Bell, F1,HSF, Lucas di Grassi, Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, Raikkonen, Savoy, Shane Lynch, Steve Parrish, Steve Rider, Surtees, Vettel